TRA705 Urban Freight Logistics
Same as the requirements for the MSc Logistics program. A background in Microeconomics and Transport Economics is recommended.
The urban freight markets. The role of different players, including terminals. Different market requirements and technical and organizational solutions. The connections to urban planning and urban structure. Organisation and governance of urban freight logistics, including regulatory frameworks, land use aspects and environmental issues. The role of urban freight logistics in modern supply chains. Current trends and developments will also be addressed.
To achieve advanced knowledge about urban freight logistics, with main emphasis on the urban freight market characteristics, planning and regulatory issues.
The successful candidate should have
- obtained a good overview of urban freight markets, including the role and functions of terminals
- obtained knowledge about the regulatory and planning framework within which the urban freight players are operating
- obtained knowledge to compare more environmentally-friendly alternatives (alternative fuel vehicles, better information systems for information sharing and route planning) with current urban freight transport systems
- obtained in-depth knowledge about selected aspect of urban freight transport and logistics through analysis of current research
- improved his/her analytical and writing abilities through the process of assignment writing
3 hours of lectures at different weeks
Required reading is given in fronter at the semester start.
Book to be announced.
Articles and handouts.
|Obligatorisk arbeidskrav||Antall arbeidskrav||Påkrevde arbeidskrav||Fremmøte||Kommentar|
|Seminar-/samlingsdeltagelse||Required||Active participation in seminars is mandatory. For each seminar, a written summary and short analysis of the literature discussed at that seminar should be submitted. The submissions will be graded pass / non-pass.|
|Comment:||Active participation in seminars is mandatory. For each seminar, a written summary and short analysis of the literature discussed at that seminar should be submitted. The submissions will be graded pass / non-pass.|
|Skoleeksamen||Individuell||2||timer||Bokstavkarakter (A - F)||100||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler + kalkulator med tomt minne|
|Form of assessment:||Skoleeksamen|
|Type of duration:||timer|
|Grading scale:||Bokstavkarakter (A - F)|
|Support material:||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler + kalkulator med tomt minne|