TRA610 Environmental analysis in transport and SCM
Background knowledge equal to the content of SØK200, TRA310 and SCM110 is recommended.
The course will cover core subjects dealing with analyses of the environmental performance of transport systems and supply chains. A general introduction to the sustainability aims of the UN regarding environmental issues will form the backdrop of the course. Then the footprint and role of transport systems and supply chains in this picture will be analysed. The footprint will be defined in economic terms as an external effect. The efficiency of technical and market-based incentives and regulations will be discussed. Strategic and operational tools available for companies will be introduced. Green supply chain solutions as a business opportunities and CSR is discussed. Contemporary issues like the environmental impact of e-business and sustainable city logistics will also be addressed. Through the obligatory tutored essay, students will have the opportunity to dig deeper into a selected topic related to module content.
The successful candidate will be able to
- present the environment-related sustainability aims of the UN, and discuss how transport systems and supply chains play an important role related to these aims
- analyse the environmental footprint of different modes of transport and discuss how this footprint could be reduced
- define environmental impacts as economic externalities and discuss market-based and non-market-based regulations as means of internalization of these externalities
- identify and analyse tools available to companies that wants to make their supply chains greener
- discuss how greening supply chains and transport operations could enhance business opportunities
- exemplify and discuss strategies for sustainable city logistics solutions
- analyse how e-commerce may impact the environment
Candidates will also have further developed their abilities to structure and write an academic paper addressing a specified research problem.
Lectures and seminars. A tutored essay-writing process.
One single internal sensor.
Closed book school exam counting 50%. Group-based home-exam (essay) counting 50%.
Alan McKinnon, Michael Browne, Maja Piecyk, Anthony Whiteing: Green Logistics - Improving the environmental performance of logistics, 3rd edition, KoganPage 2015.
Video-recorded lectures with lecture notes/Power-Points.
Addidional material TBA.
|Skriftlig skoleeksamen||Individuell||4||Timer||Bokstavkarakter||50||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler + kalkulator med tomt minne|
|Hjemmeeksamen||Gruppe||1||Semester||Bokstavkarakter||50||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler|
|Form of assessment:||Skriftlig skoleeksamen|
|Type of duration:||Timer|
|Support material:||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler + kalkulator med tomt minne|
|Form of assessment:||Hjemmeeksamen|
|Type of duration:||Semester|
|Support material:||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler|