-

LOG716 Mathematical Modelling in Logistics

LOG716 Mathematical Modelling in Logistics

Course code: 
LOG716
Course name: 
Mathematical Modelling in Logistics
Program of study: 
Master of Science in Logistics
Course name in Norwegian Bokmål: 
Mathematical Modelling in Logistics
Course name in Norwegian Nynorsk: 
Mathematical Modelling in Logistics
Campus: 
Molde
Credits: 
7.5
Level of study: 
2. syklus (master)
Teaching semester: 
2019 Høst
Assessment semester: 
2019 Høst
Language of instruction: 
Engelsk
Language of examination: 
Engelsk
Language of litterature: 
Engelsk
Recommended previous knowledge

A quantitative background is required.

Course content

The mathematical models will be related to logistics problems taken from production planning, distribution planning, and combinations of these. The course also deals with logistic relations and the use of discrete variables in modelling. During this semester, the software programme, AMPL with CPLEX, will be used. The course is a combination of selected topics in logistics and an introduction to the use of software programmes.

Learning outcome

After completing the module the student will

  • get experience and training in developing and solving mathematical models, and to analyze the result
  • become familiar with using software to solve linear models.

 

Working and learning activities

3 hours of lectures per week plus exercises in computer class.
 

Curriculum

Required reading list is given in Canvas at the semester start

Relevant literature:
Robert Fourer, David M. Gay, Brian W. Kernighan, A Modeling Language for Mathematical Programming, Thomson 2nd. Edition, 2003.

Obligatorisk arbeidskravAntall arbeidskravPåkrevde arbeidskravFremmøteKommentar
Oppgave(r) Not requiredSeveral home assignments
Obligatoriske arbeidskrav:
Mandatory coursework:Oppgave(r)
Courseworks given:
Courseworks required:
Presence:Not required
Comment:Several home assignments
VurderingsformGrupperingVarighetVarighetstypeKarakterskalaAndelKommentarHjelpemidlerHjelpemidler
Muntilg skoleeksamenIndividuell -Bokstavkarakter (A - F)100Consists of several mandatory assignments that together count 30% of the final grade. A final oral examination counts for the remaining 70% of the final grade.All written and printed aids allowed for the mandatory assignments. In the final oral examination, the students are allowed only to bring their reports written for the mandatory assignmentsEgen liste. Se under
Vurderinger:
Form of assessment:Muntilg skoleeksamen
Grouping:Individuell
Duration:
Type of duration:-
Grading scale:Bokstavkarakter (A - F)
Proportion:100
Comment:Consists of several mandatory assignments that together count 30% of the final grade. A final oral examination counts for the remaining 70% of the final grade.
Supported material:All written and printed aids allowed for the mandatory assignments. In the final oral examination, the students are allowed only to bring their reports written for the mandatory assignments
Support material:Egen liste. Se under