LOG711 Supply Chain Management 1
Equivalent to requirements for the MSc programme in Logistics.
(Norske studenter uten forkunnskaper i grunnleggende aspekter av SCM/OM anbefales å gjør seg vant med "SCM200 - Kompendium 2018" som er tilgjengelig på http://himoldex.no/emne/scm200-lager-og-produksjonsplanlegging.)
The course presents a broad scope of issues within supply chain management. Standard OM-principles/models/theories form the basis of the course. We discuss how those principles/models/theories can be adopted/extended for the use in a supply-chain setting. The focus of the course is put on the inter-organizational aspect of SCM and its management approaches.
Topics covered (excerpt):
- generic supply chain strategies and related concepts
- information sharing and coordination in SCs
- material flow, queuing theory and capacity management
- multi-echelon inventory planning/management
- dynamics and complexity in SCs
- supply chain network design
- supply chain risk management
- 'Circular economy', 'SCM and Big Data' (intended guest lectures)
The students will be introduced to a mixture of qualitative and quantitative methods/models/problems. The latter includes e.g. facility location problems (WLP, gravity model), deterministic/stochastic inventory models and lot-sizing problem algorhitms/heuristics.
The successful candidate will have:
- obtained a good overview of chances and challenges related to the management of SCs in an inter-organizational context
- gained a thorough knowledge about relevant management techniques/strategies in manufacturing and service supply chains
- obtained knowledge about state of the art research problems/industry initiatives as subject to guest lectures
- gained first insights in how to improve her/his analytical and writing skills through the interactive process of preparing her/his home-assignment
Three hours of lectures per week, one hour of exercises per week as 'organized activities'. Successful students will on average need approximately ten more hours per week for supplementary activities such as preparations/follow-ups, readings, homework, assignment and final exam preps.
(A two-day weekend seminar will be arranged in late November for long-distance learners. Participation is voluntary. The aim of the seminar is to address specific questions/problems of students unable to attend regular classes/exercise sessions in Molde.)
|Form of assessment||Grouping||Duration||Type of duration||Grading scale||Proportion||Comment||Supported material||Support material|
|Skriftlig skoleeksamen||Individuell||4||Timer||Bokstavkarakter||60||Kalkulator med tomt minne+generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat|
|Hjemmeeksamen||Individuell||-||Bokstavkarakter||40||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler|
|Form of assessment:||Skriftlig skoleeksamen|
|Type of duration:||Timer|
|Support material:||Kalkulator med tomt minne+generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat|
|Form of assessment:||Hjemmeeksamen|
|Type of duration:||-|
|Support material:||Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler|