IBE430 Business processes and ERP
The course presents the three key business processes purchasing, sales and production. Given the tight integration between how companies operates and their information systems, the course introduce Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems that illustrate how information systems enable companies to execute their operations efficiently. This is done in a practical manner by following a case company to present the flow of activities by workers together with the flows of data and information. In the exercises, students will first learn the fundamentals of each process by flowcharts and physical documents associated with the process, and then execute each process using a market-leading ERP-system (SAP).
Completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe business processes using business process models
- Describe how an ERP system supports and automates the business processes
- Describe physical-, data-, document- and information-flow for key business processes
- Describe how business processes can be integrated
- Use an ERP system to execute key business processes
3 hours of lectures weekly and practical exercises.
|Obligatorisk arbeidskrav||Antall arbeidskrav||Påkrevde arbeidskrav||Fremmøte||Kommentar|
|Skoleeksamen||Individuell||3||timer||Bokstavkarakter (A - F)||100||Kun generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat|
|Form of assessment:||Skoleeksamen|
|Type of duration:||timer|
|Grading scale:||Bokstavkarakter (A - F)|
|Support material:||Kun generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat|